Thursday, April 16, 2009

Postage Hikes


Yesterday I received a 4 X 6 Postcard in the mail advertising pool opening, closing and maintainence. The opening line was "Dear Pool Owner,".

You may expect my next comment to be, "They should have used Variable Data to grab my attention", and maybe they should have. More importantly, this postcard showed a lack of up front job planning:

How my name was obtained for this mailing? I do not have a pool, and thus am not a qualified prospect. By doing list profiling along with the list purchase, this could have been discovered and the printing and postage costs would not have been spent.

This 4 X 6 postcard was mailed 1st class with $0.42 of postage. It could have been mailed at the same class for $0.27 each. $0.15 of postage adds up very quickly.

Yes, postage is going up again. This means that, more than ever, you need to make sure you are examining your upfront planning. Consider all your options and invest wisely in your marketing progams.
Soon I'm going to post some size ideas and related printing and postage savings.
Hey that pool looked nice, maybe I'll get one!
Jason


No comments:

Post a Comment